The Whole Wheat Cookie is a Bad Idea


 I keep remembering out of order stories that I will have to put back in order when I get the chance but I have to get them down or I will forget them again. Almost the whole time I lived in Santaquin we had some neighbors who had lots of kids. Lots and lots of kids. They had a daughter a little older than me And a son a little younger and then ten more from there to the ground. So twelve in total, maybe thirteen because they may have had more kids once I moved away. Their house was not large and they were not people of means so it was a really tight ship over there. They had a odd whole foods fascination long before it had become the fad and their mom made everything with lots of vegetable inclusions and everything was made of whole wheat. Long before Jerry Sienfield's wife was trying to convince mom's to smuggle nutrition into their kid's diets this lady was making zucchini shred whole wheat cookies and trying to pass them off as treats. No ma’am, that abomination is not a treat. If you consider that the thrust of western civilization was to provide cheap access to white flour and Angry Bird apps she was, with her nasty pseudo-cookies, slapping everyone from Galileo to Paula Dean in the face -metaphorically. I was over at their house once playing cars, which consisted of taking matchbox cars and smashing them into each other as hard as you could to see whose would flip, great game by the way, when cookies were announced. In my tragic naivete thought that that meant delicious cookies not horrible squash and bread dough lumps and I lead the charge up the stair to see what was in store for me. I gave the odd looking thing the benefit of the doubt because it was a cookie and I was burned. Adults lying about confections if one of the reasons I struggle with liking people. I tried to eat it but the nasty glob would not obey my commands and just be chewed and swallowed. After a fruits but valiant effort I tried to swallow and gagged the mess back into my hand and the lady of the house was incensed and her brainwashed kids were confused at why I retched up a perfectly good 'cookie'. I was throw out and told to go home. I was glad to, I have no need for nasty false cookies and no need for a lady who thinks whole wheat is good food.