Staying With The Cousins and Trying to Get a Girl


 I was going to stay at what I thought were my rich cousins house while my parents went to Tahiti for 10 days to scuba dive. I somehow got the idea that they were rich because they had cool clothes and they used Tide detergent which I thought smelled amazing. The real kicker though was that they lived in a condominium and who but the super rich could afford that? I didn't put together that a ten day trip to Tahiti meant that my dad at least had money he was just not spending it on cool clothes for me or Tide. So with my stinky five gallon bucket washed clothes culled form discount and thrift stores I went to hang out with my cool cousins. They were always really cool to hang out with except for the fact that the two boy cousins were amazing athletes and we were not encouraged to participate so in all kinds of games of strength and skill they would out class us in skill. The second problem with their sports skill is that they were in high demand for club and best of state teams which meant half of the time, no matter when in the year we were staying over, they were at practice and games. Which meant I watched a lot of baseball and football when I visited. This trip my older cousin was playing on some all state team and the game was right across the street from a swimming pool with a slide and everything. After the game his mom, also my cousin, had us all head over for a dip which in my opinion was exactly completely better then watching the hit-ball-with-stick game unfold very slowly. We popped over and got to do something I was better then them at. I had been swimming for a long time and did it plenty so I was right at home but more importantly to me was that there were lots of cute girls dressing in their almost nakies. I started flirting with one girl which was making my athletic and much better looking cousin very uncomfortable. He kept asking why I was talking to some girl I didn't even know. I told him that was the point, I didn't know her but she was cute and I wanted to get to know her. He said I was weird and her went off with my little brother and his little brother while I continued to ply my trade. When we had to go my cousin was in a big hurry to get up and out but I hadn't gotten a phone number or anything so as we were walking out I ran back and waved the girl over to the side and asked her number she gave it to me and told me to call her later so we could hang out. We got back and my cousins tried to tease me about hitting on cute girls but I honestly was not embarrassed so much as nonplussed. I gave it two hours and then gave her a call she answered and was suddenly shy when she had been so flirtatious before. I asked if she still wanted to go out and she started hemming and hawing back and forth until she said she had to go and we never made a plan. My cousin was relived that we were not going to have to go out with people we didn't know, I was sad.