My License is Awesome


 It is indeed a special time in a young man's life when he gets a little freedom and a license to operate a motor vehicle to prove his maturity. I wanted to go out and get my license the day I passed my test but my mom said no. One more day, that won't kill me, allegedly. The next day started early for me and I was introduced to what is known in the business as 'government hours'. 9 am start? Yeah okay if there was a funeral. No funeral? You lazy slobs no wonder this country is in debt. I went to the DOT and waited in virtual line with a ticket with a number that seemed really high for so early in the day. I waited 45 minutes and then took my vision test sign all the things that needed signing and handed over my fee. Got the picture and then found out that they didn't give you the license right then. Not even in a few hours. They told me it was going to be three to six weeks because they evidently needed to mine the plastic ore from the deepest bowels of the mountain and smelt it into a magical plastic document. They did however hand me a temporary that gave me the privilege to drive my mom home, legally for the first time. My mom graciously allowed me to borrow the car to drive around to all both of my friends house's to show off my new ability. They were both older than me and not impressed that I could drive. My friend Cole had been driving for almost 8 months and a driving license was underwhelming. I was still really excited and called a girl up and asked her out on a date for that very night and thought I might get a little smoochy face to cap off the most perfect day of my life. She decided that was not the plan and there were no dice on that, but still an awesome day.