Rock Climbing For Impressing The Ladies


 When I would take girls out rock climbing I invariably took them one of three places. The third choice was a little spot full of easy climbs in a canyon twenty miles to the north. The advantage there was that it gave me the air of vast knowledge of the all around. The disadvantage was that it was twenty miles away and all of the climbs were too easy so they could climb the same stuff I could so there was little room for showboating. The second place was a relatively easy climb by the name of 'Sportzanager' which flanked by some moderately more difficult climbs that I could show off on. This was a pretty good spot but someone broke off some of the easy starting holds and many young ladies quit before they got to the easy bits just a little higher up. The first choice climb was a set of three right off the right hand side of the road. The climbs started out very easy near the ground and were too hard for beginners after the first twenty feet. That way a novice could have the illusion of success for a bit and then get to the hard part and fail. That is when I would swing into action and powerfully climb to the top and hopefully impress the ladies, rawr. My friends and I had climbed the three routes there so much that I had the sequences down to muscle memory so I could sprint up to the top where it turned into almost impassable slab and when no one could see I would generally cheat the last move to the top and then come down the victorious and brave. It worked sometimes and sometimes the girls would just be frustrated that I took them to a climb that only I could do. When the plan worked to plan though it ended up with some oohs and ahhs and some muscle admiration.