The Taurus is the Most Expensive Car of All Time

There was a time as a young man that I suffered severely from migraine headaches. One of those times in the spring of my senior year when I driven up to the mall with my brother and good friend Cole to do some shopping. Because I had a headache I turned the controls of the 1978 Ford Fairmont sporty two-door model to my friend so I could relax in the passenger seat and wait for the neurological storm to pass. He was at the stick for about 20 seconds when he lurched forward and hit the most expensive car in the entire world, a Ford Taurus. We were going about 2 miles an hour when the car struck but when the guy jumped out of his car he acted like we'd assaulted him and his family personally. His wife and baby were in the car, he didn't check on them before he came out looked at the car. He said we ruined the bumper, which would cost two grand to fix, because the plastic shell had popped up in the center about 1 inch. My brother, ever the pragmatist, walked over and pressed little bubble of plastic down with his finger and it popped right back in place. You would think that would mollify the guy or that his wife was telling it was no big deal, or the fact that my friend and I were obviously terrified of the ramifications of wrecking a car on the freedom and finances of a 17-year-old. You might be wondering why was referring to the Ford Taurus the most expensive car possible, I mean it seems laughable, but that is what the guy kept saying. He was going on and on about how we really messed up and how we couldn't hit a more expensive car. When he was otherwise occupied my brother mentioned that we could have hit any number of more expensive cars by throwing a rock in virtually any direction. His wife had just about talked him into giving us a pass when a Dudley-Do-Right busybody from the local bike shop came running out with her portable phone saying that she saw the whole thing and she already called the cops. Okay thanks, idiot. Then we had to wait there for the cop to arrive, he had to survey the damage, get all of our insurance information, and hear both sides of the story. It took forever. My friend was explaining that he had gone from driving his truck which had differently shaped and sized peddles and that he'd slipped off of the brake and slow rolled into the dude that wouldn't let this thing go. After we got all sorted legal-wise, we hit the road and spent the rest the afternoon and most of next week making fun of the dude and his super-expensive car. I can't remember exactly what happened with the insurance on that thing but I want to remember I had to pay my dad back a deductible but it still wasn't very much. Cole was kicked off the substitute driving team, he'd had the car for less than a minute when he wrecked it with laser like precision into the biggest douche bag around. Maybe that wasn't his fault, but why risk it? I shudder to think if he would have hit a Corolla.