Spring Break – McDonald's Wake Up Gambit

I'm really not much of a sleeper especially out camping. I'm one of those people who is a night person and morning person. The kind of person I am not is an afternoon person. Maybe that's my Hispanic heritage, that I don't technically have, that compels me to an afternoon siesta. No matter the cause, any time I was on campouts or sleepovers I was always the last one to go to sleep and the first one to wake up. Then I had to sit around and try to entertain myself for next four or five hours while everybody else sleeps in. After the drug stupor day the next morning I woke up at five o'clock knowing I had a long way to go until actual morning. I stealthily found my keys, got in my car and drove the 8 miles into town for breakfast at McDonald's. While I was there I got enough for everyone else and brought it back. This was partially altruistic and mostly excuse for me to wake everyone else up so that we could get going. Somehow though, after I woke them up I miscommunicated the fact that the food was for everybody so I was sitting at a table at the campground eating all by myself with three big bags of food and a whole bunch of guys there looking at me. I thought maybe they didn't want any and so we stood there in a McDonald's standoff until I asked they were sure they didn't want any at once the miscommunication was resolved and the food was devoured. The ruse had worked and I had everybody up and going rock climbing and like I've always said a McMuffin is a small price to pay for getting a jump on the day.