No More Announcements

One of the most painful things about being kicked out of all my extracurricular activities but is no longer welcome to do the morning announcements. I liked the attention I got from doing the announcements, I thought that I was a pretty funny guy and that people enjoyed my off beat and quirky brand of hijinks. I even had brainwashed myself into thinking that I was somewhat of a school touchstone and treasure. I think what hurt the most was finding out that nobody even noticed that I was not on anymore. I would mention that I had been kicked off and they would suddenly realize that I had been on the announcements. I had been off among and nobody had even cared . It popped my little fantasy that I had in my mind of the pivotal nature of ,my role in the school's daily routine and it turned out everyone just tuned me out and waited for it to be over. I regretted all of the effort, planning and anxiety about doing well and being funny that went into producing good show and felt a little hollow. I was hoping for popular revolt and the students to demand that I be reinstated - what I got was crickets. Not exactly be crumbled feet of Ozymandias it for a 17-year-old it was close enough. At that rate I might find out that my angsty teen poetry was banal and not interesting to anybody who didn't have some interest in not insulting me personally.