A Kiss at Last

After my abortive attempt at making the kissing after prom I didn't know exactly where I stood with my would-be girlfriend but when I talked to her the next day she was as warm and friendly as ever maybe even more so. It was confusing, and not in a good way. She had told me that the reason she didn't want to kiss me a prom was that she had never kissed someone on the lips before and she was too nervous. I said that was okay, but I did not think it was okay. I was thinking how bad could it be? She did get significantly more cuddly and we spent a lot of nights from prom till the next Thursday cuddling and hanging out. The Thursday after prom I was at her house after her parents eight o'clock bedtime. We were downstairs watching TV of some sort and when that ended she turned off the TV and turned out the lights and sat next to me in the dark. She held my hand and then leaned in really close until her warm sweet breath was on me in the dark. Like the fortunate hiker who stumbles upon a deer in the meadow, I held completely still, barely breathing and trying to not spook her and ruin the magic. She started kissing my neck, then my ear, and when she had worked up the courage she kissed me full on the lips. I was torn on my opinion of our first kiss, it was not the most technically sound kiss I had ever encountered, but it was passionate and intense and she was beautiful and I was in love. We kissed a little more in the dark basement not quite under her sleeping parents but pretty close. I had kissed lots of girls before but I had never felt such a sense of accomplishment and exhilaration as I did walking the four blocks home that night. I mumbled elated congratulations to myself while I made goofy celebratory fist pumps and 'heck-yeah' faces as I bad-A strutted back to my house. It took a while to get to the kiss, and it was a little sloppy and moist when I did, but it was the best kiss I had ever earned. That night I was all redemption and forgotten failures. I had trouble falling asleep and I laid on my bed in my darkened and considered how great the world and everything in it was.