My Friends Vote and I Am Off

My failing grade meant that I was automatically disqualified for wrestling and I couldn’t even go back to practice. Debate was another issue which I'll cover later.  Student government had an interesting conundrum because the instructor was really into us making the decisions so he could have more free time.  I went in and told him that I wasn't eligible and the instructor said that somebody had been kicked out of student council about six years ago when a girl was  kicked off for getting pregnant.  I wasn't really that pregnant so I didn't really need to be kicked off in his opinion but I should be suspended until I resolved my grades and truancy. He left it to my contemporaries in the executive student council to decide if I should be banished or probated. They wanted to have the meeting where they decided on my fate to be  in a private area of the school but the only place available to us was a  eight by eight janitors closet which was also full of vacuums and mops. When you make do, you make do. We went inside and closed closet doors the six of us intimately close discussed the two options. I fully expected that my two good friends on the counsel would vote for me to be suspended and my two less than good friends would vote against me and it would be up to who I considered my best friend on the counsel to break the tie. I did have the feeling that with his very dedicated sense of law and order and the rule of law he was probably going to vote against me. We finished up our discussion of the options and went around the over close room and my two friends voted for me as I thought they would. The other two voted against suspension. Then it was the student body president's turn he was obviously pained as he told me that he thought that I had known what the requirements for my job were and I had not done those things so he had to vote for me to be kicked off the counsel entirely. I had thought that was how it would go but I still broke down crying piteously for myself and my situation and the small amount of blame I could put on the English teacher. They all gave me hugs and told me they were sorry and then left me in there to finish my crying and to wallow in my self-pity for a little while. When I had finished up with having a sad and made my little mumbling curses and some angry outbursts befitting a teenage angst party, I dried my eyes the best I could. I opened the door to make sure the coast was clear and headed out of the annex building where we had out meeting. I ran straight out to the parking lot to my car and I drove home because if nothing else I am the sort of person who when confronted with problems in my life runs away far away, as fast as I can