Bloody Nose Car Ride


 Growing up we had a lot of family get togethers sometimes with family that we didn't know but my dad did so we would go to some park and eat food with people we did not know for a few hours and then head home. After one of these trips we were coming down from a park up Provo canyon and Matt and I were having some sort of disagreement in the back of the car and it devolved into a full blown fight. We were tussling in the back with my mom yelling at us to stop from the front seat as she tried to navigate the dangerous canyon road. Sometime during the fight I was able to get behind Matt and I was going for the sleeper as per usual when Matt shifted it up at the last second and instead of trying to choke the life out of him I tightened the forearm over the bridge of his nose bloodying it badly. Matt struggled free and was bleeding all over the back of the car and everyone and everything in it. My mom looked back and was horrified thinking someone was dying. Not in the 'we are all dying on along enough time line' sort of way but in a more immediate sense. She pulled the car over to see where all the blood was coming from and when she saw it was a fairly harmless bloody nose she started in on the shame and punishment phase of a fight breakup. I was actually kind of impressed by how easily I bloodied Matt's nose and kind of felt like a bad-a so I wasn't sorry at all and she could tell. She called me a barbarian and a monster and those sounded like compliments. We were separated and loaded back in the car when the bleeding had stopped. When we got home my mom had my dad make me sorry for giving Matt and bloody nose by way of spankings. That worked, well kinda I was not a fan of getting spanked but I still wasn't sad that I was such a dangerous man, rather young man, okay, fine - boy.