A Condom Evidently


 It is important at any stage of life to be the one who knows what other people do not know. This is how you make money and keep everyone in awe of how you get a computer to work. When I was in seventh grade it was important for me to know about all things adult and worldly. The main problem with that plan was that I knew nothing about all things adult and worldly. Somehow I fell in with the most knowledgeable and crazy girl in our grade who knew everything about everything that was naughty. I didn't have a lot of friends so I had to go with what I could get. She was always making really funny perverted jokes and saying really bold and funny things to adults, which I loved to observe. One day when we were in our second period class she handed me something under the desk and was laughing about it. I looked down in my hand under the table and I had no idea what I had in my hand. It was a two inch square silver packet with something round in it. She was smiling and giggling like I should be getting the joke but I was trying to play along while I tied to find out what was so funny. The rest of the class was being fairly quite and our little exchange got the attention of our crazy history teacher Mr. Black. He had walked up, silent as a panther, behind me while I was looking at the package under the desk. My friend noticed him first and sat up strait and stopped laughing which I didn't notice until I felt a hand on my shoulder. Mr. Black asked me what I had in my hand, and I not knowing what I had in my hand just showed him. He picked me up with a shoulder pinch and told me to come with him. He kept his hand on my shoulder as he gave the class instructions to keep them busy in his absence as we walked toward the door and to the principals office. What I didn't know besides that I was holding a condom was that my friend had been quite busy vandalizing the school with this condom's box brothers and the teachers were on the lookout for the culprit. I was dropped off to talk to the principal after Mr. Black told him the story he left me. He asked me where I got the condom and that is when I knew what it was because I had heard the term before but I had not, as yet, actually ever seen one. I would like to say at this point that I was a loyal friend who stood up under the pressure but when he told me that whomever had placed condoms on the teacher's antennas on their cars was going to get suspended I told him what he wanted to know. I actually started crying and blubbering and saying that I didn't even know what a condom was. I must have looked like way to much of a wussy to be a vandalism mastermind and he turned me loose. My friend was coming in to the office as I was heading out and she never said anything about me ratting her out.