Spin Cycle


I forgot one significant instance of abuse when I was writing about all the things my older sister did to me for her amusement. Two facts are necessary to keep in mind for this story; first, I have a really sensitive dizzy-ness thing in my inner ear. Second, what a tire swing is. 
This can only be used for evil.
This is a tire swing of the model that we had hung from our front tree. This model has two sides that when twisted tighten the two rings together making escape impossible. So as she would do she tricked me into playing with her because she said she just wanted to hang out with me. I wanted to hang out and so I thought, 'how nice that my super aggressive sister would just like to hang out with no ulterior motives.' I did not think that in as many words but it was probably there in sub-text. She had me sit in the swing as I protested any sort of twisting on account of the hyper-sensitivity of the nerves in my semicircular canals. Once again that is not what I said but it was in the subtext of, 'Just push me, okay? Don't spin because I will get dizzy and puke'. She pushed regular for a few times to put me off my guard and then sprung the trap and spun me as fast as she could tightening the rope and cinching the tire shut into a cruel torture device. I fought to try and escape but the tire was so tight and she was winding up the swing so fast I couldn't work myself free. She didn't stop twisting until the rope's repeated twistings had so shortened it as to put it out of her reach. I was begging her not to let it go but I knew it was too late for gods or man to intervene. She turned it loose and I spun so fact the centrifugal force was pulling my head and feet straight out of the top and bottom of the swing. I was trying to create some counter pressure on the walls to keep the swing from re-twisting once it had hit bottom. But it was no use at the R's I was doing PM resistance was futile and the swing spun past the bottom point carried by momentum into a dreadful counter rotating re-twist. Then it did it a third time then stopped. I staggered out of the swing and puked and then laid on the ground with my eyes closed feeling the world spin and my sister's breathless laugh. I laid there for a long time because I was unable to walk and the lingering nausea lasted for days but I was not mad at my sister just sad that she didn't really want to hang out with me and that it had just been a trick. I have not sat in a tire swing since.