Shooting Arrows in the House.


One of the things I liked to do was impress my friends. Any chance I got I would try and take my friends to the borderlands of good sense and safety by pilfering some of my dad's 'hands off' type stuff and impress them. My dad had a few bows and arrows that were off-limits to me because I was not responsible in their use. I wanted to impress Nate and Ryan so I took them down from their hiding place but I was still concerned we would get caught if we shot them out in the open. I didn't want to get caught and so obviously we didn't shoot them outside where everybody could see us all out in our praise and glory. I decided instead to shoot them in the shop which is what we called that house in the front of our property that was full of parts. Nate, Ryan and I set up some targets on the far side of the bid room and we had a great time shooting. The only problem was the front room of the shop, where we had set up the targets, is where my dad stored all the new appliances that he was using for is storefront which was up by the hardware store on main. Our crime went wholly undiscovered until my dad took one of the dryers still in the box over to a lady's house for delivery and there was a perfectly round field tip arrow head hole right through the center of the panel. He apologized to her and said he could get her another on or take some money off of this one she opted for the latter and he came home looking for blood. I honestly had forgotten all about the arrow shooting by this time and when my dad was asking who punched a hole in the control panel of a dryer I was not lying when I said I didn't know. It was not until he described the hole and how it had gotten there that I knew that it was our target practice that was to blame. My dad's investigative abilities were quite good and he thought for sure That something that ridiculous had something to do with me, that was honestly very reasonable. When it was sorted out I had to work for free until I had paid back the damage cost which I did by organizing the shop.