A New Friend Who Knows About Cool Stuff


About this time I made another new friend who knew about cool stuff. He was a kid from Payson who I knew of because his mom had died in a tragic accident while she was pregnant. She was backing out of her driveway when a sheriff who was coming down the highway hit and killed her. He was in my English class where he and I sat by a girl I was madly in love with. Whenever we were talking about cool stuff he seemed to know all about it. Michael Jordan – he knew everything. Milli Vanilli – he knew all about them and had the tape. Claudia Shiffer – please – he had her picture in his binder. There was literally no defect in his pop culture knowledge and I admired that because I didn't know about latch key kids with access to MTV. Back in those days MTV had more then over dramatic Italians to look at they played music and had game shows. He didn't live that far from school so one day or another he invited me to come over and hang out. I did. I met his older sister and his baby brother and his widowed father, who by this twist of fate would become major elements in my families life. We hung out and listened to some music watched some MTV and then went over to his really cute neighbors house. It was possibly the perfect day. We started hanging out more and stayed friends on into the summer.