I Am Sorry That This Kid Knows My Sister


 As I hopefully made clear I had a very conflicted relationship with my sister. I really wanted her to love and like me or at least be nice to me and she was at best indifferent to my existence. If she thought I could benefit her in some way she would turn on the syrupy sweet and kind act and then turn on me or just ignore me when she got what she wanted. She was a year older and in the same school as me but I almost never saw her and we never hung out as she was ashamed of me. I was in a mixed grade art class and sat next to a kid who was named Chance and when were were shading a volley ball on a tin can he mentioned that he knew my sister. I said, in the way brothers sometimes will, 'I am sorry.' Well, I guess he more than knew her, he was one of her good friends and he ratted me out as soon as we were out of the class. My sister found me in the hall and grabbed an slapped me. She closed in close to me and was asking if I was sorry that everyone knew her or just Chance. I was embarrassed because she was assaulting me in the hall and lots of people were stopping to watch. I told her I was just kidding around when I told Chance that. She told me stuff like this was why she hated me. Noted. Now let me go so I can start trying to live down the shame of having my butt kicked by my sister in the hall of the school where I was just starting to get some social traction. She slapped me again and walked off with her fiends and I sheepishly gathered my stuff and headed to my class trying not to make eye contact with anyone. A couple of people asked were trying to ask me who that girl was and what happened but I just wanted for it to be over and get to class. I think I should have not been sorry that Chance knew my sister, I should have been sorry that I knew my sister.