Science Teacher Who is Unstable


 I really loved and still love the idea of science and learning and understanding the world as it really is. My formal education after my awesome teacher in middle school and before college did not help me expand on that desire in the least. I was excited to have a real science lab class that had Bunsen burners and chemicals and animals to dissect. Unfortunately, the lab tables were used in much the same way that regular tables were used throughout the school, to provide a reasonable ergonomically comfortable flat surface to elevate our books off of the ground. We got science books that were already dated and contained precious little that a young anarchist could use to build more effective bombs and weapons. I looked up explosives which had strangely been omitted from the book's index. Curious. I then looked up chemical reactions and explosives were mentioned in a frankly cursory and unfulfillingly vague manner. All it said was that explosives were a rapid reaction of oxygen producing heat and gas. Yes, yes I know that I want recipes. Damn the stupid education system and their everyone is included one size fits all science. The really great part of the class was the ersatz incredible hulk teacher we had. He was overly calm and collected talking in the softest of tones until he completely lost control of the class then he would all of the sudden raise his intensity level to just below your standard Macho Man Randy Savage calling on all comers at Wrestle Mania. The class would be shocked back into silent science and he would compose himself into a passable Bruce banner and continue the lesson for about ten minutes and then RAAAAGGGGEEEE. Everything he was teaching the Santaquin kids had already learned from our awesome science teacher in seventh grade so I was super bored and hanging out with the burnouts on the back row because at least they could tell me something I didn't already know. I learned that three dots on the web of the thumb was a Mexican gang tattoo that stood for 'My Crazy Life'. So the class was not a total waste.