Quin's Dad Calls Me a Poo Poo Head.


 Quin's dad did not like me, he thought I was in the wrong social class for his son to be associating with if he was going to be popular and successful. He would actually tell Quin really hurtful things about me while I was standing right there in the room. He would say something like ,”You should get better friends because no one likes Nate, he is a Poo-Poo head.”. He would even do it in a funny voice so the other kids would laugh. I thought it was really mean then but now I think that a guy in his middle thirties trying to drive off an undesirable friend by calling him a Poo-Poo head is really sad. But he wanted so badly to be cool and he wanted his kids to be cool and I was not cool and that drove him to do petty things. Soon after he started his propaganda campaign in earnest, Quin started telling me he was too busy or he didn't feel like playing. One time he actually told me that he didn't want to play with me because his dad said I wasn't cool. Even then, I tried a few more times because we had been good friends for two years but we never played again. They moved to a nicer town the next year and I only saw Quin a few more times. Well, his dad's plan worked and Quin was not tainted by association with a scroungy nerd. The only problem was that it worked too well and he started hanging out with the coolest crowd of all, the party crowd. He got big into that scene and died in an accident while under the influence. I didn't go to the funeral but I have visited the memorial tree they planted by a local pond.