Guinea Pig Assassination


Majestic, regal, and five bucks a pop. 
 I had very few pets growing up and the ones I did have were usually family pets. I changed my no pet policy when I was talking to a guy at the pet store who told me that a breeder could sell Guinea pigs for five dollars a piece. With visions of my vast guinea pig fortune impatiently waiting to be made I rounded up a cage and feeders and then invested twenty dollars in a boy one and a girl one. Well, they took their dang sweet time making me a guinea pig mogul. It started to seem like they were going to cost em more then they were going to make me. I should have been leaving the lights dim, playing some Barry White and putting just a touch of a tastefully expensive wine in the water bottle. Then again I could have also just let nature take it's course but I was impatient and a few months to a little boy seems like an eternity when my little five-buck-a-pop miracles were waiting to be born and sold. Finally, after three weeks I noticed that the female was pregnant and we were on our way. It took two months for the babies to come out and the whole time the mommy and daddy wanted to be fed right out of the profits I hadn't got yet. The babies were born four of them and I was ready twenty bucks was practically mine. I arranged for my mom to take me back to the pet store but she said I had to wait for the little pigs to ween. Why does everyone hate the honest business man? All I wanted to do was take some un-weened infant guinea pigs and sell them for top dollar and my mom, the freedom hater, said she wanted them not to die. So, I waited. They were off the teat in three weeks and I loaded them up and took them to the pet store. The owner, who was surprised to see me with pigs to sell. said he was speaking hypothetically when he said someone could sell guinea pigs for five dollars each, not making a verbal contract and purchase order for as many as I could breed. Well, crap. Now besides not having 20 dollars cash I now had six of these hungry little cusses to feed. I kept the mommies and daddies separate after that just to keep love making to a minimum. That arrangement went on fine for a time and I actually got to like the pigs as pets with the profit motive removed. Then one day when my little sister and my idiot cousins came over to play while I was gone they got all six of my pigs out and were playing with them. When I got home all six were missing and the girls had no idea where they could have gone. I looked all over the house and even outside. I held out hope that the fat little pigs could run and play in the wild and form a colony but I never saw one develop. After a few weeks I finally came to grips with the fact that they were probably not coming back and took their cage out and was opening the five gallon bucket I used for a food container when I discovered what those little idiots had done with my pigs. All six were suffocated and rotten inside the sealed food container that I had not looked in because they had not needed food since they went missing. It was horrible they were sticky piles of half rotted mush and the stench was overwhelming. I was furious so I went and gave my dimwit sister a whack in the head for killing my pigs and a few proxy whacks for the moron cousins that were out of range. I buried the pigs and cleaned out the cage and moved on but I had a lot of hate in my heart towards my cousins for a long time after that.