I Pick Up a Girl Off of a Beauty Queen Float

 The city celebration for the town my high school was in was a few weeks after school started every year. They had a little parade and carnival it was actually the same one where I earned myself a Marky-Mark poster and some homoerotic mockery. Not this year though I would be participating in the parading as a member of the student council. We put virtually no effort into our parade entry and just rode down on children's bikes with some signs that said who we were and some crepe streamers woven through our spokes. The final touch was a baseball card taped to flippy-flap as it brushed the spokes to simulate the sound of a motorcycle to people who had never heard a motorcycle. We were right in front of a float that was the transport for Miss Juab, or Miss Nephi or something either way I kept flirting with the queen of that hillbilly borough and by the end of the parade I approached her to get her number. She was walking away with her parents but her mom told her that I was cute and she should give me her number. I got the digits and my friend who was waiting to take me back home with my child's bike thought for some reason he should be included in the dating potential. I thought that if she had a friend who was available there would be no harm in that but there was no way he had first dibs. When I got home I gave her a call to ask if she wanted to go out that night and she did. She didn't have a friend so we were going solo and my friend was not happy with that. I consoled him by telling him 'tough tit' and that made him feel better. I may be remembering that wrong.