Good Showing and Then a Worse Showing

 My mountain biking friend got right to work and had his race in and done before we even got through the registration line to pick up our id cards and tee-shirts. My rock climbing friend and I were both in the very full amateur division so there was a long wait to even get on the route so we had plenty of time to sit around and hassle the local proto-celebrities. There are some dj's for a local alternative radio station that were handing out stuff but wouldn't give me any after I made a comment about there status as the reason I didn't listen to X96 in the morning because they were the type of people who like to laugh at their own jokes and congratulate themselves on their great knowledge and wisdom. For some reason they didn't like that. When it came time to climb I harnessed up and headed up the side of the 80' foot tall building with the plastic rocks bolted to it. It was not a terribly difficult climb but 80' is a pretty long way to climb without rest. I Along with about 12 of the other amateurs finished the harder amature route and just then organizers realized they had no way to differentiate our performances so after a little ad hoc-ing they decided that we would all climb again on the professional wall. The pro route was still very tall it just had smaller holds and sloped backwards and had a roof which all but two of the pros had fallen off of so far. They took a break from the pros to let us all have a go at it to weed us out quickly. I was third or fourth and when I went I was doing really well for the first seven feet or so when I stopped on some what I though were some pretty good holds to reposition my feet and I slipped and fell. I was embarrassed at my pathetic attempt I was by far the worst showing of the remaining climbers. Most of the rest made it up the forty feet or so to the roof before falling off. I don't know what place I got because for some reason they stopped at 4th place. I was so disappointed because I had fallen not because my strength or skill gave out I had just been careless and thinking about how to make it over the roof. It sucked and it was embarrassing but I was able to top my performance in just a few minutes.  
The beginner and intermediate routes are facing and the pro wall with the roof is on the right.