A Few Too Many

 If you have read this blog for a while you may think that I have left some different romantic threads unresolved. What happened to that girl from the Pearl Jam concert and follow up? What ever happened with that girl from UASC? A reasonable assumption would be that I, outside of the scope of these stories, had broken up with them or otherwise drifted apart. That would not be entirely accurate and I will tell you why, because I am a massive jerk. As far as those two girls knew they were still my girlfriends, my exclusive girlfriends. In between camps and trips that summer I had been going out on little dates and hangouts with my local girlfriend, then at other times I would run up and go on dates with my long distance girlfriend. You may be under the impression that two girlfriends is one too many, and that is absolutely correct. If you do feel that way the next bit might not improve you opinion of me or at least of the 17 year-old version of me because I went on and made it three. I have briefly mentioned a girl who was friends with my cousin that hung out with them quite a bit. I had been more or less running a pretty steady flirtation with her because she was cute and cool and the only girl that was around that I was not related to. We hung out almost every day of the almost two weeks I was down there and were starting to really hit it off I thought but nothing much was coming of it. That was until the last night I was in Florida. My Floridian love interest and her sister, whom I remember somehow being romantically linked with my cousin, although that may have been a vague and unrequited thing I am not sure, came over to hang out with my sister and I before we headed back home. She was a little more flirty and touchy for most of the night and when we both sat on the ground side by side to get our equally long hair done she put a pillow on her lap and reached over and pulled my hand into her lap to hold it. I thought that was nice and so I kept on with it. After the hairs were did she suggested we go for a walk, just the two of us. I knew what a girl suggested walk meant and I was a little nervous as I always was before a first kiss. We walked down the shoulder-less side roads in the smothering heat and humidity of a southern night, holding hands and talking about life and what-have-you. We walked according to her direction because I had no idea where we were. She stopped on a little hill that was on the side of the road and we walked over and sat down, talked a little and kissed a little too. I was torn between trying to enjoy the moment and thinking what a turd I was, now a two-time two-timer. I made a motion for a little more then kissing and was stopped in no uncertain terms and we called it a night and started to walk home when we were stopped by the local central casting old-boy southern sheriff and given a warning.