Climbing Advice For The Champ

 There are a few reasons that it is better to be a man than a woman; same work more pay, pee standing up (this is not strictly a male ability but it definitely is better aimed), not menstruating or getting pregnant and many others. The best thing about being a guy though is that you are not constrained by society, or cultural mores, or good manners to listen politely to random dudes, dates and lots of men in general lay down some sweet unsolicited wisdom on you. It is one of my favorite hobbies to go to restaurants, museums and other date spots and eavesdrop on guys wading into the areas of their expertise, or their pretended expertise, and trying to impress a girl. It is often painfully awkward and hilarious. Now that I have set up the background for why I think super-genius guys are pretentious bumbling a-holes let me tell you how I got my self in deep being trying to be smart, when I was talking to a rock climbing legend. After I had fallen from about seven mighty feet from the ground and was disentangling myself from rope and harness a girl who looked a few years older then me and cute but not sexy said it was too bad I had slipped because she thought I did really well on the intermediate wall. Well, yes I did,  thank-you miss and may I compliment you most astute skills of observation. I thought that, I didn't say that. I could have taken the condolence and compliment graciously and talked to her about herself and saved myself some embarrassment but what I did was take her passing comments as an invitation to make a complete idiot of myself. I got out of my gear went and stood by her watching the other climbers and then I started holding forth on the various techniques and holds I had used to make such an impressive run. She was beyond gracious and attentive while I recounted my exploits for a good two minutes before she said she regretfully had to run off to get ready. What she had to get ready for was to win the women's professional competition. Her name was Robyn and she had already won the world cup of climbing and basically every other major competition in the world and I stood there like a idiot telling her about climbing because I didn't take ten seconds to ask who she was because I was so excited to impress her with my vast knowledge of the sport. I was so embarrassed that it helped to push some of the falling near the bottom shame to the side. It was time to go home and stop being lame for one day.