Sponsored Climbers

 I told you that we had paid 25 dollars to climb in this competition and that was not entirely true. I had paid about none because I had begged the rest. In the days leading up to the competition I was asking anyone who would hold still and looked like they could spare a fiver. I asked my mom and dad, of course. I also asked my friend's unrequited-love-interest’s mom who shelled out for if not a good cause per se not a cause that was inherently evil. When I asked her my friend and I we standing out in her driveway talking to and flirting with her daughter and my request embarrassed my friend into punching me in the ribs when she went inside. He was not to proud to pocket his five dollars. I asked all of my friend's parents and by the time the climbing competition came around I was further in the black then the entry fee would set me back so I put a little toward gas and some overpriced food. This means that, in point of fact, I was at one time in my life a sponsored rock climber and that is a very rare thing. I did not do my patrons proud as I will shortly expound.