Climbing Competition Car Wreck

 A few of my friends and I decided to try our hands at some rock-climbing and mountain biking competition before the summer was out. To that end we met up early one morning and I drove them up to the Snow Bird ski resort. When we got up there we realized that parking was going to be a problem because there were cars jammed into each and every nook and sometimes two to a cranny. I drove around for a bit becoming increasingly concerned we were going to be late and I let the mountain biker with his bike out while we tried to find any spot. We finally spotted one, or at least the notion of one between a Hummer and a Jaguar. The space looked like we could probably fit in there if the angles were just right. That was a incorrect assessment. As I turned the corner to try and ease my vehicle in slow and gentle my front bumper scraped the side of the Jag about most of the way down. I must of turned the wheel the wrong way in my panic to escape because it made it worse on the way out. I was almost paralyzed by fear, that car was worth more than my whole life's earnings, savings, and what my pieced out organs could fetch on the black market. . .combined. While I was contemplating my fate the owner of the car walked up and asked what was going on. He was a young man with a very expensive euro-trash look to him. I don't mean that in a negative way he just looked like he was a little svelte for an American and had a lot of some sort of lubricant or binder slicking his hair his hair strait back. He was also wearing some strait legged slacks and a button up shirt, what I knew as church clothes, for a day up the canyon so he just didn't fit in. He looked at the damage to his car and looked unimpressed. In his heavily German accented English he told me it was a rental for which he was not responsible and therefore did not care that it had been damaged. He jumped in and drove off leaving us plenty of room to park. I was so drained from the near brush with certain financial ruin that I was not in the mood to even go climbing but seeing as we had paid twenty five dollars for the opportunity I felt compelled to at least try.