Sister, Sister

 After the talent show the last day was just a goof off situation and that night there was going to be a dance. Most of the day my new girlfriend's sister who had been friendly the whole time started ratcheting it up on past friendly. I was sitting and talking with some kids when she came up and said she wanted to talk to me. I said that would be fine and we went for a walk. She started telling me how she was always being left out while her sister got all of the best things. I said that could be rough. She told me that her sister had more friends and more fun. Yeah, it's a hard knocks life. She stopped a little way down the path when we were out of sight and grabbed my hand to turn me around. She told me that her sister had the attentions of all the best boys and that she didn't even properly appreciate them. Not like she would. Oh-kay now I knew what was up she was not venting but trying to move in on her sister's spot. I kept up with the 'yeah, that sucks' feigning ignorance and I tried to keep walking when she took my captive hand and used it to pull me down, she was a bit shorter than me, and kiss me. I think I instinctively kissed her back for a second and then stopped. I freed my hand and wrapped her up in a hug and tried in the most gentle way I could formulate to tell her that I did like her quite a bit but that it wouldn't be fair to her sister to pursue this any further. She said that she knew that but she just liked me so much and that her sister wouldn't care as much about me as she would. I told her I was sorry but that was how it had happened and it was too late now. We finished our walk and she went away to be with her other friends. I didn't see her at lunch, or dinner but she was there at the dance. I asked her to dance with me and she did. We had a nice time and I told her I was sorry that we couldn't be together. She laid her head on my chest which was easy for a girl of her stature and she squeezed me a little more firmly then a standard dance hug and we finished up our time together and after that we were cordial but cooler when we met in future.