Marky-Mark is Not a Sexy Woman


Every year the end of the summer was marked by two city celebrations. Santaquin had theirs right before school started and Payson had one right after. This gave the perfect opportunity to see who was cute from last year and to do a little pseudo-nightlife carousing. They were both really low rent local affairs that consisted of the regular carnival trash booths and concessions. It was always too hot and to seedy for me to be having much fun except for the potential for seeing scantily clad young ladies in their full late summer tans and their late summer minimal clothes. I remember always wanting to have some of the stuff on offer at the fair, mostly the food, and never wanting it enough to spend my own money on. The caramel apples always looked good but I have found that the logistics of a carmel apple out weigh the pleasure for me and I am frustrated by the caramel to apple ratio at almost every point in the consumption of the sugary messy thing. The other thing that always caught my eye was the poster dart throw booth. You bought three darts for a dollar and if you hit a poster with all three you got that poster. At that age two posters appealed to me, sexy bikini lady posters and expensive car posters. I didn't actually like expensive cars per se but I did know that I was supposed to and that had some sway on my still forming brain. I actually laid my money down one time at the poster booth and got my darts with the full intention of winning a picture of a pretty lady in a yellow bikini that was cut in that way to high on the hip, actually to the waist, 80's style which was already dated but a lady with nearly no clothes and some pretty fluffy hair could get my engine revving. In fairness so could just about anything.
Worth a dollar.
 I don't know what I was planning on doing with my prize should I win it because it was not an item that would be welcome at my house let alone on my wall. I am not a good thrower so when I threw my dart the 15 feet to the poster I missed terribly and instead of the pretty lady's near naked body I hit Marky-Mark's near naked body and the Carnie started teasing me about my sexual preference and my interest in a sexy man.
Oh, man, are you fricking serious with this crap?
 That pissed me off so I threw harder and hit a just-hang-in-there cat poster and then my third didn't even stick. 
This is worse than anything in the world but a poster of Marky-Mark. 
To entertain himself at my expense the Carnie announced loudly that I had won the poster of my dreams and he popped a Marky-Mark poster open and un-scrolled it to show everyone in earshot before handing it to me. In retrospect I wish I would have done something awesome and sassy like ripping it in half or throwing it away but I was so embarrassed that I just took the re-scrolled poster and walked away with shame. I don't remember what ever happened to it,hopefully Marky-Mark's sexy poster went to a good home, because it did cost me a buck and not a small amount of dignity.