Signing Wagons and An Ill Advised Date

The UASC camp wrapped up on a Saturday morning and before we left we were all supposed to write something nice about every other person we knew on a wagon with their name on it. It seems a little non sequitur but it stemmed from a game called wagon wheel that we had played several times in our groups. After the first day we each wrote our names on a paper and handed it around the room and everyone was to write an anonymous compliment on it. After the third day we did the same thing but we signed our names to each compliment. The final day we each took a turn telling each other person something that we liked about them. I know it sounds a little Kumbayah, and in the wild it would be, but with so many truly self-confident, charismatic and talented people it was easy and natural. It was like an automatic car wash of self esteem. Well, the game was only for those in your council and so the girl I was crushing on was not included but her wagon was up in the common area and I agonized over how to write her a magical message that would seal the deal for us romantically. She was quite popular so there were already plenty of things written on her eight-and-a-half by eleven mimeographed wagon. I found a likely spot and wrote something I thought was romantic. I am not being secretive I am really blanking on what it was. The punchline is that after I had written whatever sweet nothing that I did I got too nervous to sign my name and instead signed it, and this is no joke, 'The Magic Man'. Oh man, I still cringe at the unbearable lameness of that. Lame sign-off notwithstanding I found her in person and asked if she would like to go out with me that night. She lived about an hour to the north and we had been at camp all week but she said that she would love to and gave me her number and address. I was over the moon and couldn't wait to get home get showered, napped, find some money, and head up for our date.