Octa. . .Pussy


 There was a time in the Bond franchise that the innuendo got a little less subtle and they just started using the word 'pussy' in the tittles and for women's names. This fact played into one of the best unintentional comedy moments of my life. My friend Cole and I were over in the next town over looking for a movie to rent and when we found one we took it up to the checkout girl and she looked up my account which had a late fine on it. Pretty routine for someone of my impeccable self discipline and responsibility. She scrolled down the list to tell me what movie the fine was for and then she started to read the name of the Bond film confidently, “Your late fine is for Octa. . .” and then she saw what the rest of the tittle was and got really self conscious, broke eye contact, lowered her eyes, and whispered, “ . . . pussy.”
Thank-you unsubtle tittle chooser guys you made my life a little better.
It was one of the funniest things I had ever seen or heard so Cole and I instantly broke down laughing. I asked what movie the fine was for again and this time she whispered the whole tittle, with eyes averted and still with the pause, 'Octa. . . pussy'. I can only imagine that she thought we had somehow found, rented, and negligently over kept the only adult film in the immaculately family friendly establishment. She was now worried that the sort of person who would rent something like that was the sort of person who was a pervert and not to be trusted. I asked a third time just to see how long she would do it and she just turned her monitor for me to read the name myself. I composed myself, payed the fine, rented the new movie and headed out laughing. The whole ride home we recounted and repeated the story to ourselves and were almost crying with laughter when we got back to Cole's house. His mom asked why we were laughing, when we told her she said something to the effect that we were idiots. We did not care, it was still hilarious.