All Alone and Chicken and Sister Mockery

 A few weeks after we started dating there was a weekend where I had picked up my sister from Job Corps and the rest of my family was out of town. Once my sister headed out for the night with her friends that left me alone, in my house, to my own devices while everyone was away. I called up my new girlfriend and invited her over and she was more than happy, kind of disturbingly, more than happy actually to come over. I went and picked her up stopped and rented a movie and then went back to my deserted house. In my car the bench seat allowed her to scoot in quite close, which she did. I am not a really cuddly guy and I really don't like people squeezing in so close as to limit my range of motion; it makes me claustrophobic, and not in a good way. She was starting to cross the line into a legitimate safety hazard as I was straining to drive the six miles back home. We arrived un-wrecked if not unmolested and went in to pretend to watch the movie we had rented. The movie in the VCR and started I sat on the couch for a the nice leisurely warm up to making out I was used to. Usually with the girls I dated I was the gas and they were the breaks and if I was over ambitious I could ruin the mood and go home empty handed. Not so this evening with this girl. She was at self-immolation levels of gas and I was put in the unusual position of having to be the breaks because I was not quite sure how far I wanted this thing to go. As I mentioned before, I liked this girl just fine; she was cute and into me, which is always a plus. I just didn't really click with her personality and I definitely didn't like her friends. Maybe it was already too late to turn back now and tell her I was hoping for a little light non-committal making out. I was not enjoying the making out or the movie we were pretending to watch as I agonized over how I could stop her without shutting this party down completely. Luckily at that point my sister and her friends, who were usually all night party people, came back home and gave me an out. She came in and opened the door and turned on the lights which is the scientifically best way to end a make out party on the verge of becoming more party. We quickly straitened up and smoothed ourselves and my sister made fun of us a little and I had never been so happy in my life to be caught and teased. My sister and her friends came in and joked about what we were doing and when they left to go do some raising of the hells I invited my girlfriend and myself along to avoid any further possible entrapment and possible misunderstanding about our relative commitment to this relationship. I decided that the next day I was going to call her up and let her know exactly what ground this relationship was on so we didn't have any false hopes or pretenses. I did really intend to do just that, and then I chickened out.