Step Sisters and Other Leads


 I didn't and still don't have many friends, I think it is because I am a jerk. I did have a couple of different groups of friends that I would switch between depending on who was offended by something I did or said so I could keep the good times rolling. One group of friends was a Hispanic kid that I had been good friends with in elementary school but had grown apart from when he got into football and other sports and my dad wouldn't let me play so we started running in different crowds but still were on good terms. His mom was white and had six kids of her own before she had adopted my friend and his three siblings from an orphanage in Mexico so he had a huge family before his mom remarried a guy who had lots of kids already too and then there was some other adoptions and the number of kids got to be 21 if I remember right. By the time we were in high school most of them had moved out and there were just the four youngest at home and the two new stepsisters who were, well at least half of them, really cute. I kind of developed a crush on the cute one that was our age and thought the feeling might be mutual because I was a bit of an idiot. She was just flirting in a light and easy way and I was tryign to seal the deal. I started finding more reasons to hang out at my sometime estranged friend'd house and invite myself along to evenings out with his new stepsister. I should have detected that she was not as in to me as I was in to her because she kept teasing me whenever I would try and tell her a cool story. When I was done with the story which had been three minutes long or so she would say, 'I'm sorry what was that I didn't hear you could you tell me again.' Then I would tell her again and she would say she didn't hear again until she finally was laughing way to hard and let me off the hook by telling me she had just been making fun of me but I never caught on. Ha ha, yeah. We started hanging out with some other kids and one night while we were playing pool she was getting awfully hands on with another boy which was starting to make me nervous. She was asking for help to line up a shot and grabbing his butt while he was trying to play and I was too oblivious to just chalk up the loss and walk away. Then I heard they had been making out and I was starting to think that I might have needed to make my move just a little sooner. Like an idiot I told someone that I didn't like that kid because he stole my girlfriend. Which implied that my friend's step-sister had at one point been my girlfriend which was not strictly or even loosely the case. That blabber mouth told lots of people what I had said and It got back to my fake girlfriend and her real boyfriend and, well honestly, it was not my proudest moment being teased about how she couldn't remember being my girlfriend and that I must have dreamed it. So what if I did? So flipping what? I was too embarrassed to go back over to my friends house for a bit until the parents marriage didn't work out and the girls moved on to live somewhere else with their dad or mom . Somewhere that my stupid lamely false claims of being romantically wronged could no longer harm me.