Party in the Basement of a Dental Clinic


 When we wrapped up the skating portion of our night the girls told us about a party that was going on in a town halfway home that we should go check out. We decided to go and I drove us where the girl indicated which was to a medical office complex with the lights all off. It was starting to seem like this might be a more murdery kind of party then I typically liked to go to. We could hear some music and so we followed it down to a back entrance to the basement which surprisingly opened onto a pretty lively party given the denuded state of the parking lot. Well, there were some shenanigans going on that were a little advanced for my little crew of Santaquin goodboys. There were a couple of boys and girls engaged in a little coitus almostus in one of the rooms close to the door. A little further on was a room very well stocked with beer, wine coolers and intoxicating spirits of all sorts which it was clear were free for the taking. Some kids were laying on the floor in the end rooms in some sort of stupor and I started to understand why my tragically lame idea of a fun date might not have exactly excited these ladies who so clearly ran in more worldly circles. At some point of us awkwardly milling around trying not to engage in any of the proffered indulgences the girl that had skated with me and that had kind of singled me out told me that this party was being held in her dad's dental office basement but that she was not really into the party scene and just let the kids who wanted to get it started without her so that she could go on the date with us. She said that she had more fun skating anyway. That seemed really odd to me that a dentist would trust his daughter and quite a few of her friends to have a party in his place of business or at least under it. We sat around for a little bit longer when my lady friend asked I wanted to dance with her. I said sure even though I didn’t really understand what she had in mind because there was nothing in the room we were siting in but one chair and the carpet we were sitting on. She jumped up and got a boombox brought it in and popped in a tape, turned off the lights so that it was very dark except what little light was coming around the corner. We slow-circle-hug danced really close for a song or two and I started thinking that this was the point where it had to progress or get cut off because I was getting bored. She evidently had more of a taste for circle hugging and we kept on keeping on well passed where it was interesting to me. I finally had to make some excuse to keep my sanity and give it a little rest. When I had escaped for a minute I pretended to go to the bathroom but that can only last a few seconds without the implication of a shameful bowel movement so I had to head back to my own personal slow dance hell. I declined her offer to restart our dancing and offered a nice propped against the wall cuddle instead because she seemed hesitant to segue into some real making out. We sat in the dark for a bit before one of my friends came in and said that he had to go. She gave me a rather chaste goodbye kiss and we headed home a little more tired and a little more happy then when we had left. I never saw that girl again.