Making It Funny To Log In


 With my rudimentary hacking abilities on the DOS computers I got on the teachers computer while he was out of the room and changed the directory structure to make it hard to log in. I put a series of six folders inside each other with a funny question that had to be answered to get to the next directory and the program he used to draft houses as his side business was at the bottom of the the folder password maze. To make sure it stayed a joke and did not cripple his ability mo make money on the side while he should have been working I included the answer as part of the prompt. I cannot remember all of the password questions but I do remember that I asked who was the teachers hero, answer: me. I had some Monty Python inspired jokes about rabbits but I don't really remember what they were exactly. Every time the computers were turned on he had to go through this little ritual which would have been a one shot joke but as was my custom I missed a couple of days of school after I put the joke in place. Two days later when I came back to school the drafting coach was waiting for me outside my locker looking pretty mad. I had in all honesty forgotten about the joke and was wondering what his problem was. He grabbed me hard by the shoulder and took marched me around the corner and down the hall to the drafting room while cursing me for messing with his computers. That is when I remembered. I asked him why he didn't have someone fix it for him and he said no one he asked knew how and that he had to enter my stupid passwords four times now. I got on the computer and created a new directory outside of the joke directory and had it copied out in a few second at which point Coach relaxed and started joking about how he had promised to kill me and had asked all of my friends where I was and he had even called my house the first night but that was a mistake because no one ever answered the phone at my house. Coached liked me pretty well so once I had fixed up his computer all was forgiven. When I was finishing and talking with him the other guys started coming in looking like they were expecting my evisceration. After we got started a couple of guys came over to ask me what happened and I told them that he just asked me to fix it and I did. They told me that the day I was gone he was cursing my name and threatening to kick me out of the class and to have me suspended from school and other horrible stuff. Somehow knowing that even though it was over now I was scared ex post facto and laid particularly low for that day and the next.