That is What You Get for Parking at Our House


 Another notable collision occurred when the daughter of one of my dad's biggest clients had parked her truck at our house to meet up for a car pool to scuba lessons my dad was teaching. She belonged to a Utah State Senator's family that lived a couple of towns over and ran a big dairy and provided a good chunk of our yearly income at the time. My dad had been an assistant scuba instructor for a couple of years and in this class where he was going to take the lead he invited this girl and my best friend Cole. They had all just pulled into the driveway and were meeting in the front room of our house getting ready to load out to head up 20 miles north to the class and pool when there was a huge crash from the driveway. We all ran out and there was my mom wedged t-bone style in the side of a very new looking very expensive looking truck a dairy owning state senator might own. My mom was not apologizing she was kind of mad that someone would park behind he in the drive and make her wreck. I remember Bill, the girls dad came out and looked at what happened and my dad and him decided on a remedy which I believe involved working for free for a while. But at least by not having to take accountability my mom finally learned her lesson to operate a deadly vehicle safely and in control at all times and by looking backwards when she was traveling backwards. Just kidding, she insisted that it was the girl's fault for parking in our driveway and she went on to hit at least two other people who parked in our driveway over the years. She also backed into a lady when she dropped me off at college, sort of a proper send off I suppose, something to remember her by.