Ring Bearing and Fighting


When I was about 8 my mom's youngest sister, her only biological sister I guess, she has three step sisters but that is neither here nor there. Well it is here now because I wrote it but rhetorically that is just a cliché which means that the tangential point I just made was irrelevant to the story at hand. The story at hand in case you had lost you way in that rather tedious aside was that my mom's sister, my aunt, was getting married and they thought it would be cute to have me be the ring berrer and my cousin be the flower girl. In fairness, it was cute. They bought me a little suit and I had a pillow with the ring on it and I did awesome during practice but then when the church was full of people I got really scared and my flower girl cousin had to come back up the isle a ways and take me by the hand to get me started. She was my Samwise Gamgee I guess. This was actually this first time we had ever met our cousins from my uncle Rex's family and we hit it off very poorly, we fought non-stop and even broke more stuff then usual at my grandfathers house. My mom told me that one time she was walking down the hall when she saw a kid fly out of a door and hit the far wall. I just realized that fly could imply a high rate of speed, I meant it in the sense of being thrown forcefully out of a room by my grandpa and hitting the far wall. We even got in a fight over a belt of mine that they had stolen and somehow we got on both sides of a door and the three girl cousins were pulling on one side of the belt and Christy and Matt and I were pulling on the other and the cheap hollow core broke in half. More like cracked right down the middle would be more accurate but my grandpa kept describing it overly dramatically as breaking his doors in half. After that meeting we saw the cousins one more time at my uncle Roy's wedding and then never again to this day.