Donna and Madonna


Not my Aunt Evidently.

My mom had three stepsisters from my grandpa's second marriage. They were a lot younger than my mom but still in a separate age group from us kids. They were all in their young teens when we were visiting for Christmas and mostly did their own thing. The middle aunt of the three was named Donna, and maybe it was my southern heritage, but I was absolutely in love with her. When I was 8 I thought she was the most beautiful woman in the world, she was really cool, and I even wrote down somewhere at the time that I wanted to marry her. When I had my bandages from my facial scar, I would tell everybody that she was the only one who put them on right and I only wanted her to do it. She was very sweet and took really good care of me. She was also into all of the very most cool and teenagerly things and had a poster on the wall with her name on it. It was actually a poster of Madonna in 80's regalia and Donna had covered up the 'Ma'. I didn't know from Madonna at the time so I was under the impression that my cute and cool aunt was the material girl. Since I didn't know at the time she altered the poster to just appear like she was the material girl, the next time I saw that picture of Madonna on one of my friend's older sister's walls I told them that was my aunt. She told me I was a liar and I was not related to Madonna, I argued and ended up crying and going home where my mom broke the news to me.