The After Party Three Wheel Left Overs

 After the dance we all went home and changed into some scrubbies and headed over to a friends house where we got outfitted with some all terrain vehicles. The cool kids had their own and their friends got dibs on some sweet rides. I was third tier and what my date and I got was a pre-ban three wheeler that looked like it was intended as a child’s toy or a prop for a little person clown to ride in a circus next to a similarly dressed full sized clown. It was not big enough for me let alone a plus one. It made up for its diminutive frame by being massively under-powered and not having a head light. Wait, you know? Come to think of it that may have made it worse not better. It was almost a waste of 80cc's that could have been better suited to making a really awesome weed whacker.  
It would just need a little TLC to make it back into a piece of crap.
 At first I was a little pissed that this was the vehicle my sorta friends set me up with, that was until I realized the logistics of riding it up the mountain to the abandoned mine we were going to explore meant some rather hands moments from my date. She had to sit around me to keep from falling off and I had to steer so she had to reach around and shine our flashlight headlight on the trail for me. Every time our gutless motor steed would bog down on an obstacle or steep part she was compelled to hold on tight while I disentangle-bated our situation. We fell far and farther back while the actual trail rated four wheeler easily powered on the goal. When we arrived everyone was waiting to go into the old mine and explore. I had lived in Santaquin for many years and never ventured into the forbidden mine and I assumed only sudden death could follow it was actually pretty cool. We had some good clean fun and headed back the down hill was not so hard for our defective transporter and we were too soon driving back to my date's house. She had been really sweet and really fun but there was no inkling of flirtation in her mannerisms and when we pulled up to her house she gave me a quick hug and ran in so there was no chance for me to embarrass myself at the door. We never went out again but we would talk sometimes in class like school buddies sometimes do.