Down the Rabbit Hole

 If that coincidence was not enough after the orientation we went to meet with our groups. As we were introducing ourselves the girl who was sitting by me said her name which was one I had never heard but when I said my name she looked intrigued. When I sat down she leaned over and told me she thought I had been on a date with her sister the night before. I was pretty sure she was mistaken because the girl I had dated had a different last name. I told her who I had been out with and she confirmed that was indeed her adopted sister, the product of a blended family - different dads, different moms. The upshot of that was that they were only a few months apart in age and they had been separately selected to go to different leadership camps and meet me. The mind boggles. Her step-dad was not quite done following up with me on my poor punctuality with his daughter and he sent a guy over to our group to break down for me what was not going to happen at this camp. He singled me out and told me that I was never to be outside my room after lights out and that I would be joining the PT (for Physical Torture, I think) group for morning exercise witch was usually an optional part of the camp. He let me know I would be under special scrutiny for the week. I was paranoid and really tired when we went to lunch. The officer attached to our group finally met up with us and reiterated that the commander wanted me watched carefully. Somehow that turned into him talking about punishments and threaten to make me do twenty pullups. I told him I could do that no problem, he scoffed and I bet him. I didn't know if I could do it but I had been rock climbing quite intensely for two years and thought I must be able to. I jumped up on a handy horizontal bar and cranked off ten with no problem, the next five were a struggle and the final were extremely difficult but I finished. The guy was impressed an said he didn't expect me to be able to do it he told me that he could respect that. Well, we were getting somewhere.