I Corner The Girl

Towards the end of the week there was a dance for all of the students at UASC and that is where I finished making my move. I told you about trying to flirt with the super cute half-Japanese girl with my pathetic use of low-rent illusions. I spent the rest of the week accidentally/on purpose running into her at lunch, dinner and activities. She was nice but there were lots of guys trying to make that particular move as well so there were times where I felt drowned out and shuffled back. Generally I would not have been worried about a little competition but these dudes were top shelf talent. They were, to a man, smart, funny and good looking in that all-American too many teeth, quick to laugh, politician sort of way. What I had going for me was that I was more tenacious and my long blonde un-gelled hair was the only one of that species in the game besides that I had nothing extra. On the night of the dance all of my fellow student councilors brought out all of their best duds and we rolled into the dance looking nice. The girls had done the same and there was a serious amount of teenage titillation in play. I am a unselfconscious dancer and I am not afraid to do a little fast dance participation as well as throwing a little goofing into the mix. I think I may have been incapable of stopping myself if I had wanted to, I just feel the dance and go with it. Then when it was time to slow dance I would never miss the chance to ask a girl to circle hug for three to five minutes. On this night I was absolutely determined to lock this girl up or go down in flames. I asked her to dance every single slow dance and hung out dancing in the area of her friend and her in the mean time. I must clarify that I was not creeping here she was having a good time and talking to me in between dances and actually keeping the distance between us pretty close as well. By the end of the night I thought we were ready to head off for a nice quie walk around a secret place on campus before head count and lights out. But for the last dance a guy, if you can even call him a guy more like a horribly inconsiderate usurper, came shooting in out of no where and asked my girl that I had rightfully cornered for the last dance. She went with him and I was left looking around for a substitute instead of working out a plan for to seal the deal with a kiss. When the last dance wrapped up the lights came up and they announced that we needed to go strait to bed and we would be bed checked in ten minutes. Oh cruel fate! This is worse then the whole of all bad things since the world began, combined. I don't think that now but in the testosterone addled mind of a 17 year-old boy there was little that seemed like a bigger deal than to have a sure thing girl-kiss fall through and the last thing I saw was my crush circle hugging another, in fairness good looking, guy. Boo.