Whoops, I Forgot a Part of the Last Part


 So, Cole reminded me after he read about this concert experience that I had left out some rather major details and some follow up experiences. It was not just Cole and I that went to the Areosmith concert We actually were there with a third kid, the consensus coolest kid our age from Santaquin Mark. Not the goofball Mark from my previous stories but a heretofore unmentioned Mark. He was a cool kid who was also a very good athlete and had been Cole's friend for a very long time and he and his brothers were the ones who actually were the really big Areosmith fans. All of us being much to young to drive ourselves we relied on a threefold delivery and pick-up scheme that was able to inconvenience every one of our parents. First, we had Cole's dad drive us up to the concert and on the way up he got a speeding ticket for trying to get us to the show on time. After the show Mark's parents picked us up on their way to a family get away up at a local ski resort. I was not a friend of the family so they were taking me along as a favor to Cole and on his recommendation. They had a room for the parents up at the resort and one for the kids which included Mark's older and two younger brothers Cole and I and one bed and a hide-a-way. The two little boys slept on the bed and the four of us teens tried to all sleep on the convertible couch without touching each other while all sharing a single blanket. I was on the outside edge and not complaining but in the middle of the night Mark's big brother rolled up in the blanket leaving me without any covers in a meat locker environment. I was intimidated by his brother but I was still really cold so I tried to gently apply pressure to the blanket to get me back a corner without waking him up. I had enough to half cover me when Mark's brother mumbled something about the covers in his sleep and took back a good swatch of what I had passively tried to recapture. I decided to just suffer through a little half shoulder covered fetal position shivering to generate heat as I made it through the night. Morning came with not enough sleep between setting down and picking up and I was sore from my sleeping position and my shivering. So I was grateful when we were able to tuck into one of those wonderfully scant offerings from the Continent that the joker hoteliers try to passe off as breakfast. After breakfast we happened upon a basketball clinic that was being run by some coach of something and he was not really impressed with Cole and I but he was salivating over Mark's basketball skills and the space between where his feet touched the ground and where his head left off. Later that morning my mom was finally completed her leg of the inconvenience trifecta by driving up to the resort to shuttle Cole and I home after our adventures.