Listening to a Little Guns and Roses and Taking a Walk


 As is the case with young romance we were not the masters of our own destiny's. We were not able to hang out again outside of school for more than a week but then my girlfriend was able to come over. In the intervening time my pure altruistic love for her had slightly devolved back into y testosterone driven motivations. When she came over we talked and hanged out and I was trying to figure out someway to bring up the moment we shared post breakdown but she was not interested in talking about it so I was trying to find my angle and then I hit upon it - Guns and Roses. I had both 'Use Your Illusion' albums and I knew just the thing for showing sympathy and building intimacy, the 7th greatest rock ballad of all time 'Don't Cry'. 
How can this not work to build a deeper relationship? Thanks Axl, I did have to give you 20 bucks but it was worth it. 

I popped in the disc and skipped to the song I needed and there I was sitting with my emotionally vulnerable girlfriend listening to a great tune that showed my sympathy and emotional depth and I knew this was working. I ran into a little bit of a backfire when she did exactly opposite of what the song instructed and started crying. I had to work fast to keep this from devolving into a situation where making out would be inappropriate. I suggested we go for a walk and she agreed. We walked down towards the dump which was about a mile down a relatively secluded road. As we walked she cuddled up close to me and as we were away from all of the houses she pushed me over to a patch of grass in an apple orchard and started kissing me. We sat and talked and kissed until it started to get dark and then we headed back home. I thought things were going really well but after that night nothing ever went so well again.