I Write Her Name In My Hair


 I had the same floppy bowl cut hairdo from the time it was long enough to look like a floppy bowl cut until I was 19. It was an easy look and easier to maintain because all I had to do wash wash it, condition it and boom - hair did, done, do. I wouldn't cut it until it was to my chin or there about and then I would lift it back over my ears with a snippy snip and done. Int the meantime I would shave the underside quite short with a buzzer so that the hair would lay flat to my head and no look so puffy. This hairdo did me fine except for it looked like I was a skater and that made cowboys boil over with white hot visceral rage to see someone with long hair that was not subtly coiffured into a luxuriously permed mullet. Like a real man, you know? Once in an attempt to be sweet and cute I had my sister carve my possible girlfriends initials into the hair under my flop. I don't really know why I thought that was a good idea but who knows when love in in the air and a poor dumb boy with more testosterone then miles on him is trying to impress a girl. I was really nervous to show her what I had done so I just hinted at it for a bit and then I finally decided the time was right so while we were waiting for the bus I told her I had something to show her and pulled up my mop to show her where I had her initials in my scalp. The main problem I think was that she didn't know what she was looking for and I had really light skin and really light hair and there was very little contrast between regular hair and initial carved hair so she just looked confused. I tried to get her guess a couple of times and then gave in and told her it was her initials. She was confused why I did that but said it was nice in a weird tone and then she changed the subject. I had the distinct feeling that this girl and maybe girls in general are not terribly interested in having someone carve there monogram in their hair. I took the lesson to heart and have kept all of my protestation of undying love verbal so there is no paper trail, or hair trail as the case may be.