More Insulation


 After gaining somewhat of a reputation for top notch insulation removal from under mobile homes my dad offered Cole and I another job. It was to remove the insulation and axles from our mobile home. There is an old saying about how a word to fooling me once is a shame to a wise man again – or something like that that means you should learn your lesson. We had not. We saw that sweet cash dangled and once again opted to shave a couple of months off of the tail end of our lives by inhaling a good amount of fiberglass and animal parts, hair and urine. The funny part of this story was when we loaded all of the refuse into a little trailer of my dad's we hooked it up to the truck and solicited my mom's help in driving it to the local dump. Cole and I had not had a lot of experience hooking up trailers and when we were driving to the dump my mom hit a pot hole and the trailer came off the hitch and passed us to the right upended in the ditch and vomited a load of dirty insulation onto the lawn of the kid who had been multiply kicked from the school bus from my previous stories. I joked that we should just gather up the trailer and leave the insulation and tell them that they could keep it because we had plenty still at home. We righted the trailer and quickly gather up the insulation and loaded it for the second time because the kid and his family were a lot a bit crazy and we didn't want to get yelled at or roughed up. We finally got it to the dump and dropped of made it through another day removing insulation from under a trailer and I called it a career and have never done that again.