My Mom Makes Me Miss a Makeout Party

When I had gotten over the initial revulsion of kissing I started looking for ways to try my hand at a little more. By hand I mean lips, I had, of course, simulated lips with my hand to kiss, you know? For research. One weekend night I was at home with my family and the girl I wanted more then anything in all the world called. Whoa. Awesome. She small talked me for a bit and then dropped the bomb on me, did i want to come over and watch some movies? I poop dang did. I was assuming that this girl was expressing interest in some alone, possibly kissy, time with me. It was actually not the case, she was inviting me for a shy friend who had a crush on me. This was not the last time this girl asked me out for someone else but that is a story for another day. I, thinking I was signing up for a little kissy face with the girl I was delusionally in love with, I started formulating a story to tell my mom that would get me permission and a ride to the girl's house. I told my mom that my friend, I left it gender neutral for the time being not seeing the benefit of clouding the issue, was having a family birthday party and I was invited. Nothing could be more innocent in the world it was the perfect cover I thought. Too innocent for me to be begging on a Friday night. Also the time frame for rides was a little off for a family party. My mom's suspicion was aroused and I was in too deep to change tack now so I decided to modify the story and make her concerns evaporate. It was going badly though and my mom had scented the business and my nightmare was closing in on me, she had put her foot down. I panicked into making a tactical error of expressing my deep desire to go. Parents know nothing innocent is passionately sought after and the game was up the 'no' went from firm to final. In my misinformed mind I missed out on some sweat making out with the girl of my dreams. I was enraged and consumed with anger in the way teenagers are prone to be. I was only slight less sad when I learned later that I would not have made out with the girl I hoped if i had gone but out was still missed some kissing and at fourteen a kiss, is a kiss, is a kiss.