A Girl Moves Into Our School


 I didn't loose my train of thought about the guy wanting to do me grievous bodily harm for a little light mockery and a little heavy beating this story is absolutely relevant for reasons which you will soon see. Or perhaps for reasons which you will never see because you will, by forces quite beyond your control not be able to read the next post. Or perchance you are reading on a semi-daily or longer basis and you read the effect before the cause and this disclaimer seems superfluous. You may say to yourself, 'This story must explain where that girl who got shot in the head came from.' Indeed it does, but we must keep that on the hush-hush for a moment so as not to ruin the surprise for those of us who do not know the rest of the story yet. To get back to this story and leave all other guns unjumped; for the sake of narrative clarity we need to establish that there was a girl who came from a blended family who had one branch of that family, the biological-paternal side to be exact, that lived by me. Her biological-maternal family lived in another city but she was often visiting so I knew her pretty well in fact I had once chickened out on kissing her if you need to know vaguely who she is there is that. She was a little to wild of a child and her mother sent her to come live with her dad to see if he could straiten her out. He could not but let's not ruin that surprise either. She was going to start coming to our Junior High and so I thought I should do the right thing and show her around, By show her around I mean that we went to one class and then my friends and I decided to show her how we skipped school to go hand out at their houses. We got all rounded up and headed out the un-monitored south entrance and around the south of the building to wait for all of the good boys and girls to go to class so that no one would get any ideas about ratting out the naughty kids who were making a run for it. As we were walking around the south side of the building a car full of high school kids, who looked exactly like the high school kids that had wanted to beat me up the night previous at the basketball game (because they were the boys from the game) drove by on the road that separated the junior high from the high school. I didn't realize who it was until I had made good long eye contact with them and they abruptly slowed the car drove on a little way and then turned around. Uh-oh. They didn't stop the second trip through either just drove by slowly and pointed at me from about 100 feet away. I don't usually mind pointing but this had a rather ominous feel to the point and I suggested to my friends that we go the wrong way to get to my friends house. They asked why and I said no reason just wanted to go to the West to get to a house four blocks to the East. They were not buying it and I just hoped that the pointy boys from the car had driven on and forgotten about me. They had not.