Church Ball Fights


 On more than one occasion my non-stop onslaught of verbal abuse got me in more trouble then just a simple assault. Once I kept implying that the way that a guy, who was two years older than me and quite a bit more violent than me, was playing in a way that may indicate his preference for the company of men. I kept up that theme of abuse for the hour making note of every time he touched tried to touch my butt or anything along those lines. He had stated fouling quite hard which sent me to the free throw line and helped us pull into the lead. He was the other team's best player so when he had fouled out we really opened it up and ran away with it. He was on the sideline seething in white hot anger and plotting ways to kill me when the game ended with us in the lead. I was trying to time my exit to be nonchalantly walking with the two toughest kids I knew the two crazy brothers Ryan and Justin. My plan worked well because when I was ambushed in the parking lot I had a secret weapon, pure unfettered rage embodied in my emotionally unbalanced friends. They waded into battle not so much in my defense but for the chance that they could cause someone grievous bodily harm and possibly taste blood. I was left completely unscathed from a conflict I think most people would assume that I had, in some small way, initiated. My big concern now was that I was now not only on the run because of my smart-assery but also from the beating my lunatic friends had laid on my enemies and his buddies. I had no idea how ridiculous this story was about to get I just thought I needed to steer clear of this dude and his friends for a bit until they forgot why they wanted to maim and disfigure me. Turns out that they had a little of the crazy in them as well and an underdeveloped part of the brain that keeps things in the proper perspective.