I Get Tricked Again – Tape


 I wanted so badly to be cool. I wanted to be one of those kids at school that everyone knew was cool and popular. My sister was pretty cool and she was always doing cool things so I think that is the reason I put up with her abuse, because I wanted to be included in her inner circle. She did not want me in her inner circle unless it was for some entertainment. One night some of her girlfriends and her decided that it would be funny to wrap my head up in duct tape. There is a steep drop-off in the perception of humor in the ol' wrap your head in duct tape joke depending on if you are the taper or the tapee. The four girls chased me and held me down while my sister wrapped my head up in duct tape until there was only holes for tears and snot to come out off. You know what is worse than having your head wrapped in duct tape? Answer: having your head unwrapped from duct tape. When I had gained some composure I tried to unwrap myself but found I was quite in capable of inflicting that amount of pain on myself. My sister offered to help but I told her there was no way in cussing swear cuss I would ever let her 'help' me. I was able to slip some scissors under the edges and cut the mainly monolithic wrapping into painful little strips which I was able to rip off before my self preservational instincts kicked in and made me stop to recoup. When I was done my head was stinging and raw with lots of missing hair and lots of glue from the tape that looked a little like boogers and would not wash out of my hair. I had my sister cut my hair down passed the damage and I was really sad about being abuse but as her penitence my sister let me hang out with her and her cute friends the rest of the night which made up for it a little.