Fashion Shoot, Hey Ladies


 I mentioned briefly the photo shoot I had to send pictures to the girls but I didn't fully develop the flavor of how sad it was. I asked my sister who owned a 35mm camera to help me take some pictures to send to some girls. What I had in mind was a few school picture like pictures of me sitting and smiling. She said that would not do and we needed to sex them up a little. She picked out clothes for me, a two tone green stripped shirt with a bit of a surfer feel too it. A K-Mart shopping surfer. Some cut off and rolled up shorts which was the style at the time and no shoes as to make the photos look more playful and spontaneous. She had me do some Mervyns catalog model poses as well as some action shots with a basketball. The worst one was probably the one where I was hanging from our monkey bars and trying to look sultry. I really wish I could find those photos I just looked for an hour because they are so shamefully bad but I cannot find them. We hitched a ride with my mom to the local grocery store in the next town over and got the pictures one hour-ed. Ah, the olden days. Then we sorted through and my sister picked out the sexiest ones. Which, in hind sight, is a lot a bit creepy. We mailed them off and then I waited for the call from the girls saying they got them, they got them and pronounced me cute. Good, cute is good.