Single Lady Scuba


 In our class there were several single men in their twenties, two couples, my sister and I, and a recently divorced woman in her early thirties. She was pretty and nice and always wanted to help us out and would partner with my sister or I in the pool, a job most of the adults resisted. We always wanted to sit by her but so did all of the young men. We were totally oblivious and didn't really realize that all of these guys were paying her mush more attention then the other students. They would be hanging around to help her carry her gear and help her put it on and all sorts of really nice things that they didn't offer to do for a 12 year old boy and his sister who probably could have actually needed the help. On second thought that would have been creepy if a bunch of twenty something men were really interested in helping me get my gear on just right. When we went on our open water trip we were staying in tents on the shore of the lake and the evening we arrived we got settled in and had dinner and we popped over to the cool ladies tent and for some weird reason one of the guys from class was in her tent laying down on a sleeping bag cuddling with her. Hmmm, very curious. We didn't let some quite personal moment make us feel awkward so we invited ourselves into the tent and sat down for a chat. We talked about the ride and where we were camped and them my sister asked if the lady wanted to partner up the next morning. She said that would be fun but her man friend was a little curious about why he was not going to be her partner. We left to go back to our tent and my mom asked where we had gone and when we told her where we had been and what was going on she told us that we shouldn't go back to that lady's tent because they probably wanted privacy and that we shopuld stop asking her to partner with us. We argues that she always wanted to be our partner but my mom just said she was only being polite and that we should partner with each other so no one had to bother with us. It didn't matter anyway because the dive master made the pairing for each dive and that was that. Every time a dive was over and for all three nights that dude was monopolizing the cool lady spending a lot more tent time then I thought was necessary. I stead of talking with a cool woman who listened to me I had to talk to my mom and sister. Lame. Stupid lady hogger.