Baby Fight Club


There was a large gap in age between the four oldest kids in my family and the two youngest. I was eight when my youngest sister was born and ten when my youngest brother was. What that meant was that we were not friends so much as babysitters for those to until they were adults. On occasion while we were supposed to be babysitting the two babies as we would call them my brother and I would encourage them to wrestle and see who would win. It sounds brutal but it was just good clean fun for everyone and the bouts ended in pins or if one of the micro combatants started crying or didn't want to play anymore. We would be set up as their corner men and coach them for battle and then just let them go at each other until we were bored or someone got really hurt. I still remember with fondness the reckless abandon of my little sister, who has never been too tall and was much shorter then, as she would charge into battle with a little toddler war cry. It just goes to show that the old adage that everything is adorable when it is done by little children. From the fists of babes.