The Wrong Girl Can be a Stalker

As a senior there was a wonderful thing that happened, they shipped up a brand new batch of younger girls to go to our school. These were special in a couple of ways, first they thought older boys were pretty awesome because we were older boys. Second, because our junior high school only had two grades they were going to school with us for the first time so they had no idea about our failings or lameness. I am a wide-net fisherman by heart and when I wasn't legally tied down into a specific 'going out' type situation I was always trying to work the field and see who was available. There was a cute girl who was on the dance team that practiced at the same time as the wrestling team so many times we were waiting after at the same time for rides or for friends who needed rides. I was hitting on her and flirting whenever that happened and after a week or so I offered her a ride home and we drove out to her house talking and I asked her out on a date. We went out that Friday and it was fairly uneventful but the next Monday she was waiting for me outside my first period class waiting to walk with me to my locker. I thought that was okay but then after the next class she was there too, and the next. I started to get a little nervous that she was more into this than I was and she was trying to monopolize me. She was waiting after wrestling practice and asked if I wanted to go to her house and hangout. I begged off and this pattern of her being right where I was became the norm for the next several days. For a guy trying to keep the options open there is nothing worse than a fish who wants to stay in the net. There was a girls choice dance coming up the next week and she asked me to go with her. The unspoken and sometimes spoken rule at our school was that you went with whoever asked you first unless you were previously spoken for. I accepted her offer but tried to make clear that we were not boyfriend and girlfriend but a boy and a girl that were friends. In the week leading up to the dance she was at every single one of my classes and waiting at lunch and she even found out where I lived and dropped off some cookies to my house. I was starting to get worried.